Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Well, it's Mother's Day. After seeing my mom for her day, it occurred to me that it really is time to finally get those donation request letters out. I can't wait any longer, as the year just keeps marching on.

This year, we are trying to go the electronic route for fundraising. Here's the link to our PMC online donation page. If you would prefer to send us a check, then that is fine to- send me an email and I'll drop the info & a SASE in the mail to you. The important thing is that we get your donation - we have a $3,000 goal this year. Remember - last year, 100% of all rider-raised funds went directly to cancer care and research. It's impossible to be any more efficient than that. As always, your donation is tax-deductible.

Our training is somewhat on hold for the moment, as Ken is at the apex of his allergy season. He can breathe better closer in toward the city, so it's probably only a few more days of misery for him out here. We learned earlier in the season that it is counter-productive to force him to ride when he can't breathe - he just gets sick and doesn't even get to have any fun. So it's best for us to wait for the serious riding - it'll be here soon enough. I've been getting in a ride or two during the week, though, when the weather cooperates, and as soon as Ken can breathe, we'll be riding at least Tuesday nights whenever possible. I'm up to about 210 miles so far this year, but I cannot WAIT for Ken to feel better.

No comments: