Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June wrap-up

Well, June is over. We've had a nice string of thunderstorms nearly every afternoon. For the first time ever, I saw hail in New England. Luckily, I've gotten into the habit of riding in the morning. As a result, I've only had to cancel one ride due to weather conditions thus far.

Fundraising: We've raised $570, which means we're at 19% of our goal. Not too bad, but we still have a long way to go.

Training is going a bit slow. We'll be getting into the grind this month, and wont have time for doing much else besides riding. We're a bit behind on the long rides, but I think we'll be able to get them in. Let's hope for some good weather so we can get it done.

I've ridden 388 miles on the season thus far. I've climbed a total of 6,139 vertical feet and burned some 17,000 kcals. Our training rides have been short - in the 20-30 mile range, but we've been averaging several hundred feet of climbing each ride, and our average speed has been going up. In the past, this has translated into better endurance on the long flat rides, which is what we're more or less expecting for our PMC ride this year. Maybe some gentle rolling hills. I hope to get a long flat ride in later this week and see how the endurance is shaping up in order to test my theory. But it's worked in the past.

Thanks again to all of you who have donated to our 2008 PMC ride. We literally couldn't do it without you.

No comments: