Sunday, July 20, 2008

Training update

I joined a '300 mile per month' challenge that started on July 1. Yesterday I completed the challenge a full 12 days early.  I'm averaging 100 miles or so a week. I had been hoping to get 130 miles or so in this week, but unfortunately reality has gotten in the way, and it looks like I'll be stuck at 88 miles (unless I find some energy later on). Ken ended up having to work all night long last night, and we both got very little sleep (2 or 3 hours, intermittent). As its supposed to rain heavily at some point this afternoon, we're skipping todays ride. I've been feeling a bit fatigued, and it's not worth it to push too hard at this point.  We'll ride tomorrow morning instead, and get a good long ride in this next weekend - if we can do 70-75 miles we just might make it on August 3rd.  I'm going to try to convince Ken to either leave work early or go in late several times a week between now & the ride to get him some more miles in on his bike.  We'll see.  A little more time in the saddle right now might save him a lot of suffering later on. 

No comments: